Send URL Parameters to Google Sheets
Welcome to QSM Support Forum. › Forums › QSM Pro Support › Send URL Parameters to Google Sheets
- This topic has 17 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 10 months ago by Kriti Sharma.
July 18, 2020 at 5:23 pm #4981
I’m trying to find the way to send url parameters to google sheets. And I have to problems:
1. My Result page shows me the quizzes answered in the main page, but when I click on the “view” button the page is blank (see screenshot 001). So I can’t view if URL parameters are working or not. But they are working because I exported to CSV and I Found it (see screenshot 002).
2. I can send the quizes answers to Google Sheet, but I don’t know how to send the url parameters. How can I achieve that? Thank youJuly 20, 2020 at 3:43 am #4987
Welcome to Qsm Pro Support Forum. Hope you are having a great day.
1. As we are not experiencing the issue regarding results page at our end, we need the admin credentials of your website so that we can look into the issue. Make sure to set the message as private before sharing the credentials.
2. The URL Parameters doesn’t send the data to the Google sheets. Its purpose is to accept data from the mail and then save it under Results section.
A. You create a Quiz and you want to record the age and sex of the participant which you already have in a mailing list.
B. From the mailing list you send your participant your quiz url, including the age and sex of the participant. ( You will have to check with your mailing list company on how to pass age and sex of your mailing list member via url )
C. The quiz url in your email send to your mailing list participant can be https://qsm-stg1.expresstech.dev/quiz/url-parameters-test/?sex=male&age=40
D. When you click on https://qsm-stg1.expresstech.dev/quiz/url-parameters-test/?sex=male&age=40 in your email, it will load the quiz.
E. Before sending email to your participants. Setup your quiz’s URL parameter’s tab to accept sex and age. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nPk9CNOGec86Yiyb8qhZBfT-2ZM6GEZK
F. After your participant takes the quiz. The sex and age will be recorded in the results in database, without the participant entering it. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NhQaT4PcJeWWAWt7_6DCN9SX3QKWQw4W
Here is the screen-cast to explain the user case / procedure.
Note the email in the screen-cast is a fake email just for illustration.
Hope this helped.
KritiJuly 20, 2020 at 3:54 am #4989This reply has been marked as private.July 20, 2020 at 4:02 am #4990
2. I understand the process with URL parameter. But It would be wonderful If I can send to Google Sheets the URL parameter because I’m using to take data dynamic. I Think you can set up for this because If you see the CSV export file, You already has the data ready to send to Google Sheets. Can you help me please. In reality,I bought the bundle license for that.
Another Issue in Google Sheet is that the time is missed in the date field. I mean in CSV file the firt row has day/month/year/ 00:00:00. But in Google Sheet only day/month/year/. How can fix it?
Thank youJuly 20, 2020 at 5:45 am #4991
I will check the issues regarding results page and date field and keep you posted regarding this. Regarding the URL Parameters, I can forward it as a feature request to the development team and they will try to implement it in the future updates. And if you need the requirement regarding URL Parameters on an urgent basis, you can also hire our developer at https://justhyre.com/get-a-quote/
KritiJuly 20, 2020 at 6:05 am #4992
I read others support tickets talking about the change to use URL Parameters as prefilled. i.e send a number to an ID field, a text to a Last Name Field or something similar. This function is part of your bag log? Do you know something?
This option or send to google sheets the URL parameters are the reason what I paid this bindle addon, otherwise I have to ask for refundJuly 20, 2020 at 6:22 pm #4994
I logged in to your website regarding the issue “results not being saved under the results section”. For this I checked the Text tab of the quiz. While checking, I noticed that under the %QUESTIONS_ANSWERS% section, you used only %Question% template variable. That’s why, only the questions were being saved on the results page and results section at backend. You need to customize this template variable as per your requirement. I have also attached the screenshots with my response. I added %User_Answer% template variable under %QUESTIONS_ANSWERS% section and 5hen user answers were visible at the results page and also saved at the backend under Results section.
Regards the date issue, I request you to please share the screenshots of the difference between dates field of CSV file and googl sheets file. So that I can forward it to development team for resolution.
Right now, we cannot send URL parameters to the Google sheets. But if you like I can forward it to the development team as a feature request and they will try to implement it in upcoming release.
July 20, 2020 at 9:11 pm #5000
- This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Kriti Sharma.
Hi Kriti, thank you for your time and answers.
Now I have another issue with Google Sheets addon. The Score field are not been sent from QSM to G Sheet. Please see both screenshot, you can find the difference between date format and the missing score field en google sheets.
ThanksJuly 21, 2020 at 4:13 am #5003
I apologize but the Google sheets addon only save user responses and not scores to the Google sheets. And yes, I am seeing the difference of date field between CSV file and Google sheets addon. It is because the CSV file is recording the date as a Timestamp.
If you like, I will pass your feature requests as mentioned below to the development team and let you know regarding the same:
1. Send URL Parameters and the user scores to the Google sheets.
2. Timestamp also needs to be implemented in the Google sheets addon just like in the CSV file.
KritiJuly 21, 2020 at 5:04 am #5004
Hi Kriti, It’s a little disappointment that Google Sheet is so limited compared with CSV File information. In reality both files should be the same because the main task is export data. I advise you rethink about Google Sheet addon and Create the full data transfer just like CSV export. Unfortunately I can’t wait so long, I had to create the 2 main quizzes in Google Forms meanwhile and I have to ask for refund. Please tell me what is the process and the deadline to do that because I can’t waste money if the plugin does not fit.
Thank youJuly 21, 2020 at 1:12 pm #5010
As you have bought premium bundle from us, so it won’t be possible for us to refund only for this addon. If you want to proceed with the refund, then you won’t be able to access other addons.
Otherwise, you can buy the other addons of your choice after your refund request will be processed.
Please let me know.
KritiJuly 21, 2020 at 11:28 pm #5015
Hi, Kriti, Yes I want to start refund process. Thank youJuly 22, 2020 at 5:27 am #5016
Sure, Francisco, I will forward your refund request to the billing team.
KritiJuly 23, 2020 at 9:20 am #5030
Our development team has started working on to fulfill the feature requests and hopefully we will implement it by this weekend. I will update you once the features will be implemented.
KritiJuly 23, 2020 at 8:22 pm #5052
Hello Kriti, I hope you well. Unfortunately I had to implement another solution. I’ll not use QSM and add ons anymore. Please proceed with the Refund. Thank you.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.